Romsons Intra Cath 2 IV Cannula with Injection Port (Pack of 100)Romsons
⮞ I.V. Cannula with an injection port
⮞ Injection port with non-return valve
⮞ Port caps are color coded
⮞ Sterile individually blister pack
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, you may experience delays in shipping. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Product Description -
• The Romsons Intra Cath 2 IV Cannula is provided with a non-return valve which allows for additional medication
• The cannula comes with wings and with an injection port
• The IV cannula is manufactured from fully automated CAD/ CAM process
• The IV catheter is equipped with super sharp Japanese triple facetted beveled needle is designed with two cutting edges for smooth penetration
• The kink resistant FEP-Teflon cannula has an extremely smooth inner and outer surface to ensure smooth flow
• It has a double tapered molded cannula tip
• The cannula has a transparent flashback chamber for blood detection
• The sterile IV cannulas are in the sizes of 14G, 16G, 18G, 20G, 22G,24G
• They come in a standard packing of 100 units per box
• Intravenous (IV) cannulation is a process in which a cannula is placed inside a vein to provide access for multiple actions such as blood sampling, administration of fluids, medication, parenteral nutrition, chemotherapy for cancer drugs and various other blood products. Complications such as hematoma, infiltration, embolism, and phlebitis may occur during cannulation and healthcare providers should take precautions for the same.
• A needle is inserted through the skin of the patient into one of the veins. The needle is later removed, leaving just a tiny, thin, flexible tube inside your vein. The IV cannula is safely taped into place with the use of medical tapes. The IV cannula should not hurt when it is in place and can be left in place for several days.
• IV cannulas are available in different gauge sizes and in general, the smallest gauge should be used to effectively administer the fluid. This ensures that there is limited trauma to the vein. In case of emergencies, the larger sizes can be used for greater flow rates can be maintained for required fluids. The 2 way IV cannulas and 3 way IV cannulas are available with or without injection ports
IV cannulas are used to perform the following functions:
• Regular blood sampling
• Monitoring and administration of intravenous fluids
• Administration of chemotherapy drugs through the IV route
• Channel for IV nutrition and IV control of radiologic agents such as those used in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
• CT scans (computed tomography) and nuclear imaging
The cannula will be removed after your treatment ends. It is recommended to replace the cannula if it is not working properly. It should be replaced routinely if still in use every 72 hours.